Marjorie Walker (maiden name unknown), teacher and participant in women's organizations, was born in Liverpool about 1902 and came to Saskatoon with her parents in 1913. After attending Saskatoon Normal School, she taught in several rural schools and the Saskatoon Public School System. She married William Walker; they had two daughters and two sons. In the civic election of 1947 she became the first woman elected to Saskatoon City Council, where she served for eight years; re-elected three times, she led the polls by a wide margin. She served on several municipal bodies as well as being city representative to a number of groups. During her first year on council she was also a member of the Saskatoon Public School Board, having first been elected in 1944. She was a leader in home and school organizations, as well as vice-president of the Canadian Trustees Association. Walker also played a leadership role in the community, her involvements including the Saskatoon Council of Women and St. Mark's Anglican Church. She returned to education in 1953, soon becoming a teacher at the new North Park School. She retired in 1965, and died in Saskatoon on February 11, 1976.