The Congregation of Our Lady of Sion (Notre-Dame de Sion) was founded in 1843 in France. In 1904, twenty-four members of the congregation came to Prince Albert from Lewiston, Maine. In 1905, they established their first girls' school, the Academy of Our Lady of Sion, which they operated until 1951. Sion Sisters came to Moose Jaw in 1914 and to Saskatoon in 1917, establishing girls' high schools and teaching in the Catholic schools. In Saskatoon, they operated Rosary Hall from 1934 to 1974, taught summer catechism classes to rural children, and instructed adults in the Catholic faith. Currently, all the Saskatchewan members live in Saskatoon, in retirement or engaged in various ministries in the areas of multifaith and ecumenism, social justice and poverty concerns, parish pastoral care, and service to and with Native people.