Born in Minneapolis, USA in about 1902, Marguerite E. Robinson (née Armatage) came to Regina as a teenager, and in the early 1920s was a clerk at Simpson's mail order facility. She trained as a nurse at the Regina General Hospital, graduating in 1925, and worked mainly as a private duty nurse. In 1937 she married L. McK. Robinson, a widowed lawyer with five children, who served several terms on City Council. She became active in women's organizations such as the Local Council of Women and the League of Women Voters (established 1938), sat on the Victorian Order of Nurses board, and served on the Regina Natural History Society executive board.
Writing since the 1930s, she covered numerous subjects including nature, local history, and especially the history of public health and health care in Saskatchewan. Although her study of public health is in manuscript form, she was the published author of The First Fifty Years (1967), an authorized account of the Saskatchewan Registered Nurses Association done for its fiftieth anniversary. Robinson died on April 17, 1975, in Regina.