Town, pop 625, located approximately 100 km N of Regina on Hwys 6 and 15. Four First Nations reserve lands lie a short distance to the northeast and the southeast of the community. The area was largely settled by people of German and British origins, and the community had its beginnings with the construction of the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway through the area. In 1908, the first small wooden structures began to appear on the stretch of prairie that would become Main Street. Raymore was incorporated as a village in 1909. By 1912, the business district had substantially developed and the Bank of British North America had established a branch here. Raymore’s numbers peaked at just under 700 in 1986; only in recent years has the number of residents somewhat declined. Mixed farming remains the basis of the area economy, and a number of farm equipment dealers are among Raymore’s core of businesses. The Raymore Pioneer Museum houses a collection of the district’s historical artifacts; the museum site has been designated a heritage property.