HMCS Queen is the Royal Canadian Naval Reserve Division in Regina. The “Regina Half Company” of the Royal Canadian Naval Volunteer Reserve was established in Regina in 1923. The Division was renamed HMCS Queen in 1942; it was closed from 1964 to 1975, when it was re-commissioned. Today, as one of five naval reserve units on the prairies it serves as a training facility for naval reservists. It features a drill deck, classrooms, and workshops for training in various naval trades and occupations.