Town, pop 884, located approximately 40 km SW of Saskatoon at the junction of Hwys 7 and 45. Settlers began taking up land in the area in the first few years of the 20th century, and by 1905 a small village had begun to appear a few kilometres south of the present townsite. A post office was established that year, taking its name from the first postmaster, John Amos Delisle. The town developed primarily as an agricultural community until a potash mine was opened to the north in 1969; it boosted the local economy by providing a large number of well-paying jobs. While Delisle’s economy remains largely based on agriculture and mining, the town is also increasingly becoming a bedroom community for a number of people who commute to work in Saskatoon. The community is well known in curling circles as over the years both women's and men's teams have won numerous provincial championships. Delisle was also the hometown of NHL hockey legends Max and Doug Bentley, who have both been inducted into the Hockey Hall of Fame.