Brandt Industries Limited was founded in 1938 by Abram Peter Brandt of Regina, Saskatchewan, under the name Brandt Electric. The company is well known for its innovative products, including one of the first grain augers available in Canada. Brandt has expanded to become the fourth largest private company in Saskatchewan, with over 800 employees throughout Canada in 2003, 350 of whom are employed in Saskatchewan. Brandt has markets in Canada, the United States, Europe, Australia, and Asia. Brandt Industries Limited is comprised of five independent divisions. Brandt Agricultural Products Ltd. manufactures spraying equipment, heavy harrows, a versatile bale processor, and a complete line of grain handling equipment. Brandt Tractor Ltd. is the exclusive John Deere Construction and Forestry Equipment Dealer for Manitoba, Saskatchewan, Alberta and the Northwest Territories, with eight dealerships in Winnipeg, Regina, Saskatoon, Calgary, Red Deer, Edmonton, Grande Prairie and Fort McMurray. Brandt Tractor Ltd. is the largest privately held John Deere Construction and Forestry Equipment Dealer in the world. Brandt Engineered Products Ltd. designs and builds a wide range of custom manufacturing equipment. The companies' products include pipe and material handling equipment, research equipment, specialized railroad equipment, cranes, and large-scale structural equipment. Brandt Equipment Inc. has six industrial and turf equipment dealerships in western Canada, and sells Ditch Witch® trenching as well as a wide range of turf equipment from Textron and Grasshopper. Brandt Road Rail Corporation manufactures and markets the Brandt Power Unit® at its custom manufacturing facility in Regina. The Brandt Power Unit is a railcar mover that is legal on both road and rail and can shunt up to fifteen 100-ton railcars on a tangent track. Brandt has received many performance and service awards, including the Top 50 Best Managed Private Companies in Canada Award (1994, 1995, 1996); Abex Award for the Saskatchewan Business of the Year (1993); and the John Deere Partner in Excellence Award (1997), which is given to the top seven dealerships in North America.