Town, pop 574, located on Hwy 14 W of Saskatoon. Settlers began arriving in the district around 1902. A construction boom began in 1906, and both the CPR and the CNR had come through by 1909. Sports have always played an important role in this community, and over the years Asquith has earned an enviable reputation in both baseball and hockey circles. While mixed and dairy farming have long been the economic backbone of the community, today many residents either commute to work in Saskatoon or are employed in nearby potash mines. Asquith has also become the retirement home of many area farmers.
McLennan, David. 2008. Our Towns: Saskatchewan Communities from Abbey to Zenon Park. Regina: Canadian Plains Research Center.