Village, pop 139 (2006c), 147 (2001c), is located approximately 18 km north of the city of Yorkton, on Hwy 9. The first few settlers began arriving in the district in 1885 and in 1887 large numbers of German-speaking Protestant settlers began taking up land around the present village site and westward. Many of these early arrivals converged in Winnipeg, then rode the rails to Whitewood and headed north from there. By 1889 a Baptist congregation had been formed as had a school district; in 1891 a post office was established. All adopted the name Ebenezer, of Biblical origin. Also in 1891, the Manitoba and Northwestern Railway had reached Yorkton, significantly reducing the travel distance, bringing even more settlers into the region. The 1901 Census recorded the population of the district to be comprised of 357 people of German origin, 134 Ukrainians, and 71 people of British stock. The hamlet of Ebenezer emerged as the Grand Trunk Pacific Railway was constructing its line north from Yorkton in 1909-10. The townsite was purchased and surveyed by the railway company in 1910 and, in the same year, the first grain elevator, blacksmith shop, livery stable and machine shop were built. In 1948, Ebenezer was incorporated as a village. Today, Ebenezer is somewhat of a bedroom community to Yorkton and many of the village’s businesses and services have been superseded by those in that city. Ebenezer is situated in the RM of Orkney No. 244.