The congregation of the Sisters of the Presentation of Mary was founded in the Ardèche, southern France in 1796 by Anne-Marie Rivier to educate young people in academics and in the Catholic faith. In 1853, six Sisters from France came to teach in Marieville, Quebec. Fifty years later, in 1903, twelve Sisters journeyed from Quebec to Saskatchewan to work with the Oblates at St. Michael’s School in the Duck Lake area. Shortly thereafter, Stobart Public School Board in Duck Lake hired Sister Marie-de-la-Trinité to teach in their two-room school. So began the Presentation Sisters’ participation in French-English education and culture on the prairies of Saskatchewan. In subsequent years, the Sisters taught in Saskatoon, Marcelin, Prince Albert, Wakaw, Zenon Park, Green Lake, Debden, Spiritwood, Bellevue, Vawn, Makwa, Albertville, North Battleford, Melfort and Regina. Parish work and ministry to Native peoples have also been a part of the Sisters’ work for the last twenty years.