Royal Canadian Air Force Station Moose Jaw is located in the hamlet of Bushell Park, approximately 6 km south of the city of Moose Jaw. Following its closure as a Service Flying Training School for Great Britain’s Royal Air Force at the end of World War II, the air base was used briefly as a municipal airport by the city of Moose Jaw, prior to its activation as a Canadian military air base in 1952. Following extensive renovation and new construction upon its activation, No. 2 Flying Training School (the “Big 2”) commenced flight operations on May 4, 1953, using rebuilt war surplus North American Harvard single-engine trainers and new Canadian-built CT-133 Silver Star advanced jet training aircraft. On April 1, 1966, Royal Canadian Air Force Station Moose Jaw was renamed Canadian Forces Base Moose Jaw.