An award-winning architect whose creativity can be seen in several Regina landmarks, Willem B.C. de Lint was born in Breda, Netherlands on January 10, 1933, and immigrated to Canada in 1954. A graduate of the University of Manitoba School of Architecture, he practiced in Prince Albert before moving to Regina in 1967. Some of de Lint’s most notable commissions have been the MacKenzie Art Gallery, the former Plains Health Centre, and the Neil Balkwill Civic Arts Centre. An active member in the community, de Lint has served at the local, regional, and provincial levels of the Boy Scouts of Canada. In 1989, he was appointed as the Honorary Consul of the Netherlands for Saskatchewan. Willem de Lint was made a Member of the Order of Canada in 1995.
Canadian Plains Research Center