Town, pop 669, located on the Trans-Canada Highway and the Canadian Pacific Railway (CPR) main line, approximately 155 km E of Regina and 80 km W of the Saskatchewan-Manitoba border. The foundations of Broadview date to 1882, with the construction of the trans-continental railway across eastern Saskatchewan. The CPR designated the site to be the divisional point between Brandon and Moose Jaw because of its location and ample supply of good water. For many years, the railway was the economic backbone of the community; despite mechanization, it long remained a major employer in the town. In 1885, the RCMP set up a division in the community. A brick-making plant was established in 1906; reportedly, 165,000 bricks manufactured in Broadview were used in the construction of the SASKATCHEWAN LEGISLATIVE BUILDING. The population of Broadview peaked at over 1,000 from the mid-1950s through the 1960s. Today, Broadview still has many businesses, services, and active community groups. The Broadview Museum houses a collection of heritage buildings and pioneer artifacts, as well as a display honouring Saskatchewan's most famous goat, SERGEANT BILL.