Boulton’s Scouts were an ad hoc military mounted troop formed at Fort Qu’Appelle during the 1885 North-West Resistance. The troop was recruited from Boulton’s Mounted Corps, which had been raised in the Russell-Birtle district of Manitoba by Major Charles A. Boulton. At its inception, the total strength of Boulton’s Mounted Corps consisted of five officers and 123 men; the unit was formed to be the advance guard for General Middleton’s column of militia. Middleton’s column set out northward from Qu’Appelle to engage Métis forces led by Louis Riel and Gabriel Dumont. Boulton’s Scouts fought at Fish Creek and Batoche; the unit was disbanded in September 1885.