64 Field Battery in Yorkton traces its lineage to the Yorkton Regiment, one of four regiments created when the North Saskatchewan Regiment was reorganized on May 15, 1924. The Yorkton Regiment was converted to artillery on December 15, 1936, and designated the 64 Field Battery. It constituted one of four batteries of the 17th Field Brigade Royal Canadian Artillery (RCA) that served in World War II. Following the war, the batteries of the 10th, 17th, and 22nd Field Brigades RCA were reorganized into the 10th Medium Artillery Regiment RCA. The early 1960s saw the Regiment converted to the 10th Field Artillery Regiment RCA. Today, the 10th Field Regiment has two batteries: 18 Field Battery in Regina and 64 Field Battery in Yorkton.